We are looking for a part-time assistant teacher to join our team!
Colorado Kids Academy is a small, mixed-age Reggio-inspired preschool that sits between Denver and Golden in Lakewood, CO. We are looking for a part-time assistant preschool teacher with Reggio Emilia knowledge and/or experience.
Why Join CKA? We LOVE our teachers and everyone is a valued member of our team. We believe that teachers are the backbone of our school and understand the importance of Early Childhood Educators. We offer a fun, respectful, supportive small school environment with excellent benefits.
- Part-Time (20-30 hours a week with a flexible schedule)
- $16-$18 hourly
- Flexible schedule, paid holidays and sick time, insurance plan, and PTO after one year of teaching
Responsibilities: The support teacher provides classroom assistance for the lead teacher. Communication and cooperation with the lead teacher are key to understanding the classroom needs to when it should be done. Working with the lead teacher to make sure all tasks are completed and children are assisted during transitions.
- Developing strong relationships with children and families through open communication and daily interactions
- Establishing strong working relationships with staff members
- Understanding of CO state licensing requirements
- A commitment to continuing education and professional development
- Responsibilities of opening and closing the center and assisting in daily routines and rituals that involve cleaning, sanitizing and helping to maintain a clean and organized environment.
- Assistant teacher qualified with the state of Colorado
- An understanding of developmental milestones and developmentally appropriate practices
- Strong computer, verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, time management and multitasking skills
- Responsiveness and sensitivity to the needs of children, parents and staff
- Experience in an early childhood education setting
- Professionalism and commitment to the success of the children, families and the school
- Fun loving attitude
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Mara Hackett at firstname.lastname@example.org